Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22 ebooks and audio books

Too tempting to start reading. I hadn't read Tarzan (Thank you project Gutenberg) since I was a kid, but browsing (to try reading online) I could see why I liked it.
I tested sites to see how easy it would be to read or hear the books, without signing up for anything, downloading, etc. I found 3 sites that fit this criteria that I bookmarked.
I'd still want to have the book in hand to read but if I couldn't find it in the library or couldn't get to the library, this is a good alternative. It is also nice to hear someone else reading and sound effects like music.
It is getting more and more important for sites to be easy to use since there are so many to choose from.
I read through 7 pages of explanation about the Gutenberg project, volunteers, the book being copyright free, disclaimers about accuracy, etc. before getting to the actual story. I'm glad to understand better how ebooks work.

No comments: