Thursday, August 23, 2007

Week 2 Thing 3 Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars "Me" in a public library (since our school libraries require classroom space/tables/chairs, this picture couldn't be our school library). Creating an avatar was easy but time consuming - trying to find something that showed my style. I could not find a way to choose hair color or shoe type (more options that I have seen in kids's games where they get to develop their own character). As usual I took more time than necessary trying to make something more specific than necessary. But it was fun! It was real easy to export it to the blog.
I did have difficulty trying to edit my blog, learning where to choose edit from. My mistake was thinking the edit view was one word instead of two choices, and I didn't find the blog site real easy to navigate back and forth. Some parts were very easy, such as "add new blog". In trying to edit my blog title and label to make a correction, I found how to customize the colors and font so my blog isn't limited to the template. Again, I couldn't resist trying a few things when my actual goal at the time was to simply edit the title. Since I am on a tight schedule with such a late start I need to time manage more strictly. But I love to learn! It is so hard to resist trying new things "just for a few minutes"

1 comment:

School Library Learning 2.0 Team said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - glad you could join us for this 2.0 discovery journey. Getting avatars onto blogs are the first and hardest challenge or "problem solving" activity.

You have already posted about a bunch of things. Enjoy!
- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager