Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 9 Thing 23 reflections 4

4) What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
That's a hard one. It was pretty awesome.
It could be downsized or broken down into portions for those that can't commit to a long session.
For some it may have been too overwhelming to start, but if they did one section, say just blogging and Nings, or Library Thing and ebooks, and got to the finish line easily and quickly, then they may want to move on to another. It would be like finishing a book and wanting to read another, as opposed to reading a chapter and thinking they'll never finish the book.
I would like this to be directed towards general teachers.
Maybe it could be promoted by offering hours per "section" instead of all 18 or nothing. Once started I bet many people will not be able to stop!
I think you had the right momentum by introducing avatars and Flikr toys early on to demonstrate how creative one can get with these tools - the fun of learning.
I plan to show my movie poster sample early on in the school year to get attention "how did you make that?" "Oh, its, easy - here let me show you" (being sure it is bookmarked and at my fingertips - no good fumbling when you want to demonstrate how easy something is) - leading to other "easy" things to learn in short periods of time.

No comments: