Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week 5 Thing 11 - Lulu, award winning

Lulu, first place Web 2.0 2007 awards under the category of books.
Wow. Create your own book. You input all the information and they create and handle sales, costing you nothing, although they get a percentage of any sales made. Free otherwise. I want to try it out but I don't know if I'll get any product. One way to have your own book/writings published without having to go through rejection slips from publishing companies.
http://www.lulu.com/
I tried a quick sample brochure (thinking of those state reports) but all I could see was a pdf of the pictures I downloaded. So I tried by page in MSWord and the conversion still looked just like a word document when I printed it. I don't know what changes from their end but it doesn't seem like a quick product for students to make. I don't think I'd spend any more time there unless I wanted to actually publish a finished product.

No comments: