Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 9 thing 23 - reflections 1

1) What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I really liked the ease of creating personalized items in Flikr Toys. I can use the Movie Poster for awarding students in a way that makes them feel much more special. I liked adding my travel photos to a map. I can see great potential there for visuals in social studies: Westward movement, The missions, the colonies, Native American tribes, etc.
Library Thing is a great tool for promoting new books. It is also a new way to promote "reading programs" like CYRM, especially combined with podcasts of book talks on the novels (if I can find them).
I actually liked blogging, which I didn't expect to. The networking can be addictive.
And I like discovering that signing up and using these free programs is so easy now. Other than my experience with Yahoo's music machine, which brought back memories of past frustrations trying to use a new program, the ease of use and speed of delivery was - is - amazing and gratifying.

No comments: